1. General Description
The LT8641SX is a Transition Minimized Differential Signaling (TMDS) switch that enables the connection of multiple High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) source devices to high-definition television (HDTV). Based on the HDMI 1.4 specification. LT8641SX is an advanced TMDS switch that delivers a cost-effective method for manufacturers to add additional HDMI ports to their HDTV. Multiple HDMI ports allow consumers to connect variety HDMI-enabled sources to their HDTV. It supports HDCP 1.4 specification, and Audio Return Channel function.
• 4 HDMI inputs, 1 HDMI/DVI ouput.
• HDMI 1.4 receiver and transmitter compliant.
• Supports HDCP version 1.4 specification. HDCP keys store on an external EEPROM.
• Supports SPDIF audio outputs or 7.1 channels I2S outputs.
• Supports SPDIF and 5.1 channels I2S outputs at the same time.
• Supports one channel ARC function on HDMI link.
• Supports HDMI data bypass in no audio output application.
• 4 TMDS channels per link, supporting 25MHz to 340MHz TMDS clock, and 250 Mbps to 3.4 Gbps data rate.
• Supports deep color up to 16-bit.
• Built-in pre-emphasizer which allows data transmission on long cables.
• Advanced on-die-termination calibration with automatic control.
• Automatic output disable feature for reduced power dissipation.
• Adaptive EQ can self-adapt variety of cables.
• 5V tolerance DDC IO.
• Low added jitter.
• Supports I2C Configuration function.
• Front panel buffer for advanced television (HDTV) sets
• Standalone HDMI switcher with amplified multi-channel audio output
• Multiple input displays
• A/V receivers